Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Artist and City Statement


Artist statement:

“What is art?” I was asked at a young age. My interest and curiosity blossomed. Anything is art, relative to perception. Art is in, on, and around everything. My subject matter often reflects my love for technology, nature, and all things deemed strange. All of these subjects are as prevalent as art; you cannot escape them, and great joy can be found by embracing them.

City statement:

By bringing a carnival atmosphere to a city, the interplay between childhood and adulthood is questioned. As children, fun is of utmost value. I recall being overjoyed while exploring a funhouse, where nothing was as it seemed. Things were strange simply because they could be.
As we transition to adulthood, fun becomes much less of a priority. Strange is no longer suitable; we prioritize efficiency, order, and predictability. My city takes this same transition. What seems to be an endless adventure through a city-wide funhouse soon becomes more of a haunted one.

No comments:

Post a Comment