Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Artist Statement and City Concept

My Artist Statement
I want to look on the bright side of things, and I tend to be more optimist. I use a collection of mixed media outlets to express my concerns or joy for the environment around me, things I see, hear, or feel. Sometimes my art is an attempt to understand something, like a stereotype or hatred. Painting, drawing or simply coloring is often a way for me to relax or solve a problem in my life. 
    

For my city, I chose to imagine a functioning co-existent between humans and nature, with this the small town, main street feel.  I enjoy imagining a future with environmental friend concepts incorporated into everyday life. Which is why I tent to lead towards a Utopian narrative, with a small theme of mystical architecture. I grow up watching a lot of John Wayne films with a lot of wild west dusty towns everywhere, so some the idea of having a main street with shops and boutiques on each side is visually pleasing to me. These themes are represented in my city. For example, the tree houses are examples of existing peacefully with nature. So, instead of tearing trees down, people simply live in them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment