Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Artist Statement/City Statement

Artist Statement:
With my work I intend to make what I consider to be ideal without having to compromise my values. I want to reflect more conservative design choices that harken back to days long past. To that end, I use my knowledge of history and I call upon several key references to make my dreams a reality. By the end of this I hope to have fulfilled my vision to its fullest, and produced something that is both new and nostalgic, bringing back fond memories while also laying the foundation for greater ones yet made.
City Statement:
Creating a city that reflects one's values and ideals is often no easy task. Our dreams change as we grow older but somewhere deep within the subconscious mind, we have the key ideals that make up who we are. This is what I intend to show in the city Lagan. Lagan is designed to remind us of the World Famous Painted Ladies of San Francisco, and it is supposed to represent what I consider to be my ideal world. Through thick and thin Lagan is the shining beacon of civilization that I would hope to look upon fondly, and so the city contains most everything I hold dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment