Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Artist statement/City description

Artist Statement
Different cultures have always been interesting not knowing what to expect coming from a culture of your own. Thats how I see culture whether its through photos,drawing or representation by architecture, that to me puts culture in an art form. I try to input culture specifically Japanese and pre historic culture into my art. They bring their own stories and a set of transcending history through our  current time. I believe that  we as humans learn from the other cultures and try to adapt that into our lives in order to be the best that we can be.
City Description
In my city is based on a combination of dystopian, utopian, and modern architecture. I include Mid-eval castles with little huts or Japanese homes from the feudal era into display. One block distinguishes the futuristic side of both all with skyscraper like buildings based off cities Reno, Shanghai, and China. With Different settings in each block giving it their own heirachy. In the center of the four blocks lies a Japanese instrument called the shamisen as I want it to represent a sense of peace between the lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment