Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Artist and City Statement

Artist Statement

I like the feeling of even time passed by, it left marks to the life. I also enjoying see the contradiction among the city. For example, part of the city is clean and beautiful, and part of it is dirty and with high crime rate. They contradict each other, but also mutual dependent on each other. Life is not utopian fairy tale, so I want my work to reflect the contradictions and the reality.

City Statement

The main theme of my city is to combine traditional architecture with modern technology. For example, the light rail is crossing through old buildings. And religion add mystery into the city. For that part, I referred to Kyoto, Japan. I looked through many temples and shrines, and created one with torii, and traditional lantern. But not the whole city is divine, it also has abandoned factories, factory and hold-on houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment