Monday, March 27, 2017

Lecture Commentary

I enjoyed watching clips from the documentary Abstract: The Art of Design because the architecture was breathtaking and Bjarke Ingels is a character. I think that his mountain structure is one of my new favorite pieces of architecture because it is both functional and beautiful. It truly resembles a "pragmatic utopia." By using the parking structure to elevate the housing units, layers are created so that each resident has a garden facing the sunset. It is both efficient and fantastic. I hope to draw elements from Bjarke's works to integrate into my city. Since my city's theme is quite abstract, I think aspects will integrate nicely.

Lillian Schwartz is the type of artist I aspire to be. She was a pioneer in computer art and harnessed the power of technology to create unique pieces. She is as fascinated by computer graphics as I am; documenting and designing an electronic surface is no easy feat, especially during earlier times. She emphasized the importance of understanding the interplay between mind and picture. By taking pictures, then combining and editing these images, she creates artwork unlike any before its time.

Some screenshots of my city:


Some drawings of my city:




No comments:

Post a Comment