Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Artist and City Statement

Artist Statement

When considering the subject of my art I tend to look towards my surroundings and sometimes the lack there of.  I look at the history of time through the architecture in buildings and through the nature that surrounds it. I like to show the history of the past and present through different ways in which I perceive the world. I feel that architecture and nature both share the bond of expressing the ever-changing world.

City Statement

Creating a city in a post apocalyptic, dystopia or utopia setting my mind always wonders to the nature that surrounds the world. In cities today there are barely any trees or greenery so why not create a city surrounded by nature. Show the ruins of old building and the structure of new buildings being overtaken by nature, encompassing the beauty that the world has to give. I am combining architecture and nature to become one. My city is to show the history through the nature growing whether it may be presented as a post apocalyptic, dystopia, or a utopia city.


No comments:

Post a Comment