Sunday, March 26, 2017

Lecture Response, Notebook Drawings


In this lecture, I found Bjarke Ingels’ work to be the most interesting thing. The way he envisioned architecture, in both concept and practicality for actually building anything, is so novel, especially in America. Those apartment homes with gardens as big as the apartments are something I never thought I would see but it’s definitely a place I’d love to live in. In the US, our buildings seem so often to be built only for a practical purpose, with little beyond that. There is often little that makes them visually appealing, though it does seem like that’s changing in modern buildings. But combining things like apartments and gardens or apartments and parking or even a power plant and a ski slope…that’s not something I expect to see for some time, if ever, here. As for Lillian Schwartz, I find her work to be rather interesting. I like the fact that she used inspiration from da Vinci in her works, for he was a pioneer of his time and she a pioneer of her time. And I think it’s a bit of a sad thing that this is the first I can remember really hearing of her, despite the influence she had in digital art.




No comments:

Post a Comment