Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Artist Statement - Erik Reiner

Artist Statement:
I've always like building cities in games. I have some practical building skills from the costumes I make, however doing this project has taught me a lot. I like looking at architectural models and have fun building model planes from scratch out of wood or plastic. I used to like to visit the Academy of Art in SF to look at the models the art students built.

City Statement:
I wanted to build a city that I would want to live in, one that might be an interesting place to walk around. I intentionally made the city itself very small- smaller than a village- while continuing to incorporate large, skyscraper like structures. Of course, there's no practical use for this, but it bears some semblance to the SimCity cities I might have built when I was younger. ye ye boi get wit the times

No comments:

Post a Comment