Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Lecture Comment

~since the lecture isn't posted I'm not sure that this is necessary, but I'm going to do it just in case~

My favorite part of the lecture was the Netflix special on Bjarke Ingles. I've been thinking about him pretty much since the lecture has been over. My favorite of his buildings was the Mountain. It's such a smart idea and i'm not sure how nobody had thought of it before or why we're not streamlining this idea and making almost all apt buildings in its image. 
Also, the serious game that we looked at about the terrorist attacks was interesting. Just from the short video clip I'm not 100% sure that I understand the point of the game. If it was just look around and bomb a populated area, no consequence or anything, then I'm not sure as a game it's very effective. (To be fair it did look like it was made a while ago.) There are an immense amount of serious games out in the world (Papers Please being the most popular and recent) and with VR newly emerging I think that in the coming years we will see many more attempts at serious gaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment