Sunday, February 12, 2017

Architectural Models: Christine Almendras

Houses and living space (modernistic)


Commercial and government buildings (futuristic 





Within the lecture, I found it the content regarding 1939's "World of Tomorrow" interesting because it slightly resembles how I would want my city to look like. Particularly, the photograph of the walk through the waterfall of the Electric Utilities Pavilion gave me some ideas on how I wanted to incorporate even more water themes into my city. I liked the whole idea of a walkway being underneath a waterfall, and maybe I could even expand this idea to let transportation (cars) underneath such waterfall. Furthermore, I was interested in how this photograph look like because the city looked centered around these buildings (as I want my city to look like.) 














No comments:

Post a Comment