Sunday, February 5, 2017

City Ideas & Locative Art - Catherine

My city will resemble a funhouse, only instead of a house it shall be a city. More specifically, it will be "The Biggest Little Funhouse in the World." It will have many carnival-like elements. The city will either look like a funhouse from afar, or the funhouse will contain the city. It will begin as more of a utopia, where it is fun, happy, and obstacle-course like. It will transition into a dystopia and resemble a haunted house/city as well.

Some ideas I have are:
- having wavy mirrors as sides of windows or buildings
- having distorted objects, such as the Crooked House and crazy trees
- objects on sides of buildings
- rotating barrel alleyway/building tunnel
- playing ambient hyperdub/glitch-hop
- exiting through a UFO, or UFO abducts funhouse
- manhole air-jets
- trapdoor
- too many doors
- ball pit pool

I want to integrate other funhouse elements, such as a slide and a large spinning disc that people sit on, so I would love to hear ideas you have. I am also looking for a name for my funhousecity.






Images from: Grease (You're the One that I Want), Phineus and Ferb (Misperceived Monotreme), Ikea France Pool Ballpit


This is a map of the U.S. by Aleksandra MizieliƄska from the book Maps. This book features lots of well-drawn, insightful maps.



No comments:

Post a Comment