Monday, February 6, 2017

Idea for city, Weird tree, etc.

I want my city to be extremely dark, decrepit, dirty, and above all else confusing. I understand that there is supposed to be a 'utopia' aspect of my city, but in my mind the utopia might just be the best of the worst. I want streets to have repeating buildings and dead ends; something you can't just find your way through. (Dishonored - again - and Bloodborne are huge game influences for this.) 
As far as my 'Reno' aspect, I want my city to be in a giant mountain bowl and to have a river that runs through it, just not as clean. I'm also very influenced by the architecture of downtown. I love the tall rectangular buildings and think that they would look good in a decaying environment. The Sliver Legacy is one of my favorite buildings in Reno and might make an appearance. 
As for my map I really like the art of a man who goes by Stanza and his idea of a memory map. Basically he just retraces his steps in a particular city - in his mind - and he has the 'basic' map of that city. (Was planning on doing that with Reno and that would be my city map, obviously changing some details.)  
Still not sure how exactly i'm going to make any of this locative...

Dishonored, Dunwall 
Bloodborne, City of Yharnam

Detroit Michigan, Grixdale St.

Stanza, Memory Map

My Weird Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment