Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Bio, artist, and city statement

Bio

Izzy DeGuero is a student at the University of Nevada, Reno. She is working on getting a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, and a minor in Digital media. Her passion is filmmaking, and photography. Using the inspiration of history in her works to create a visual representation of what she sees. She shows the progress of what history has had on nature.

Artist Statement

When considering the subject of my art I tend to look towards my surroundings and sometimes lack thereof.  I look at the history of time through the architecture in buildings and through the nature that surrounds it. I like to show the history of the past and present through different ways in which I perceive the world. I feel that architecture and nature both share the bond of expressing the ever-changing world.

City Statement

Creating a city in a post-apocalyptic, dystopia or utopia setting my mind always wonders to the nature that surrounds the world. In cities, today there are barely any trees or greenery so why not create a city surrounded by nature. Show the ruins of old building and the structure of new buildings being overtaken by nature, encompassing the beauty that the world gives. I am combining architecture and nature to become one. My city is to show the history through the nature growing whether it may be presented as a post-apocalyptic, dystopia, or a utopia city.


No comments:

Post a Comment