Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Revised Artist Statement & Bio

Artist Statement: My city is developed to bear heavy resemblance and pay homage to the Victorian Townhouses that dot the world, most notably in San Francisco, California. However, I also wanted to pay homage to Small Town America, and used a layout that is more or less a rough replica of what is arguably one of the most famous Town Squares in popular culture, Hill Valley circa 1955. Using this layout, and this style, you get the city that I see in my dreams: Lagan, a lovely place. However, on my board, the layout is vastly different due to some design choices made later than hoped, resulting in a One Way Street by a large body of water. A cathedral rests at the top of this model, similar to how Mont Saint-Michel is laid out so that "No man may live higher than the House of God."

Bio: I am a sophomore at The University of Nevada Reno. As evidenced by the design of my cities, I have a fondness for days long past, regardless of whether or not I experienced them. I suppose being a History Major really plays into this longing for days of old, when things were simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment