Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Bio/Artist and City statements

Bio
My name is Jonathan Gomez, I am a student at the University of Nevada. I aspire in my career to be in Graphic design and Animation but also have studied in other arts like photography, drawing, and 3D modeling. With this project, I have been able to expand my knowledge in the Maya program which could help further a career in animation down the line.

Artist Statement
Many people always want to read or hear a great story. whether its from a book, a computer or hand held device, or even audio files stories are essential to life. My work is to produce these essential necessities of stories into images. whether they are dioramas, 3D sculptures, or even pictures, a story is always able to be told. Everything is placed where its supposed to be and everything has a reason for it being done in order to tell a story about anything whether it is fiction or non-fiction and not relating to the world as well as being relatable. 

Description of City 

My city consists of a hierarchy of scale, telling a story of a wasteland covered in dirt and minor green giving it a sense of dystopian culture. Then natural area full of green life like trees and small huts untouched by its neighbor of utopian environment full of concrete, green and building in multicolored lights. I the game it gives you a three dimensional taste to the world and you will witness all the different types of architecture in each region of the hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment