Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Bio, Artist Statement and City Statement Final Draft

Cole Means

Bio:

I am a junior at the University of Nevada, Reno working on an Art B.A. with an emphasis in digital media. I am 22 years old and was born and raised in the Eastern Sierra Nevada. Digital media has had a large impact on my life and has resulted in my current college path.

Artist Statement:

I have always liked the themes of fantasy and science fiction and my art will usually depict these themes. As a hobby, I enjoy drawing two dimonsional sketches of space ships and/or other similar items like planets. As an artist I tend to think technically and as a result my art will be more focused on design.  

City Statement:


My city is set in a desert environment and is of original design. The city, like other cities in the real world, does not attempt to have a grand theme; instead, it is a representation of how cities grow over time with everyone building what buildings they want without sticking to the original theme. The model of my city is simple and clean and is supposed to be more architectural in design, though not to scale of my actual digital model. This architectural design is representational of my other art, like my drawing, which tend to show this same idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment