Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Lecture Comments

George Bachelard’s The Poetics of Space had me reflecting on my childhood specifically, the happy and frustrating ones. I’m not sure why I reacted with such extremes, but I believe places ingrain the extremes because happy and upsetting memories are the ones that possibly stay with you the longest. Its interesting that we talked about phenomenologist, mainly because art is a reflection of the artist. This has manifested in my city/building because I have some many happy memories of Victorian architecture.
I'm not an extravagant designer, I tend to lean towards a functioning purpose over unnecessary fashion trends. I found the Estonian Academy of Art’s designs to be unique but a little too impracticable. I was, however drawn to the use of straight lines and open windows on some of the buildings. I do like a lot of nature light and windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment