Thursday, April 20, 2017

Bio, Artist and City Statements.

Bio:
Lyndsey Howell is a senior at the University of Nevada Reno.She is working towards a Bachelors of Arts  with an emphasis on Digital Media and a minor in Writing. She enjoys reading, writing and film. Her artwork is centered around a natural aesthetic that incorporates representations from her childhood.  Much of her art has an element of digital media.

Artist Statement:
Much of my art is commentary on my surroundings. I tend to lean towards subjects that allow me to express an opinion or attempt to understand a narrative. I enjoy challenging the status quo, which allows me to question things we may see as indefinite.


City Statement:
My city is a  mixture of small town life and natural living. In my city the population lives among the trees in houses that enhance and encourage clean living. The city aspect was ones new, but the people have since allowed the nature surrounds to take back the brick structures. My city is an example of people living in an utopia, with small traces of dystonia. This piece is a critique on the destructive tendency humans have regarding mass growth and their indifference towards nature.            


No comments:

Post a Comment