Monday, April 10, 2017

Lecture comment, Architectural Blogs, Memories

Lecture comment:
In the slide of Game Art, it mentions about "id Software allowed the code to Doom be 
available for users to make their own modifications". Modification means that some game programmers, will try to modify the game part of the data set, such as the clothing, appearance, sound, weapons, tools, maps, etc., and even write a new task story. After the game produced a significant change, it improves the game resistance. And I really enjoy this technique, while playing Life4death 2, which is also a first person shooter game.
(Sorry for the late work, I thought this part is also due Monday)

Architectural Blogs:
http://www.archdaily.com/868554/ivanhoe-grammar-school-mcbride-charles-ryan

My favorite architecture from the blog is the Ivanhoe Grammar School in Australia. It is a very fun building, which has a circular shape and colorful interior decoration. It seems perfect as an educational building that shows the vigor of young people. As they introduced in the text, the contrast between those two elements has further educational meanings. The circular form is the classical manifestation of order, rigor and knowledge of certainty; the interior of the building, its complex space, color and multiple reflections, represent the uncertainty and complexity of modern life and scientific understanding.


Memories:

The lecture this week reminds me of visiting my grandparents' house, when I was little. They lived in a two-floor house in the countryside. When you open the old wooden door, it's the inner courtyard. In the middle of the yard there is a dry well, which is one of my fear in childhood. The house has two floors, the first floor is the living room, kitchen and bathroom, the second floor is all the bedroom. On the rooftop, grandpa planted many flowers. There is also a small table. When I stepped on that table, all the fears and unpleasantness were wiped away, I could smell the fresh air and feel it going through my body, which is so cool and comfortable. There is no doubt that this has become one of the best places in my impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment