Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Bio, artist statement, city statement

Biography:

Dongjun Jia is a undergraduate student at University of Nevada, Reno since 2014. She is an International student from China. Her major is Computer Science, and minors are Digital Media, Mathematics, and Digital Interactive Games. She is hoping to learn 3D-Modeling and Unity engine to make her own game in the future.

Artist Statement:

I like to create characters and architectures with drawing and 3D-Modeling. And my favorite style are the combination of Retro and Technology. For example, Steampunk is a virtual world where steam technology reaches the peak, but people's costumes are in Victorian style. Nostalgic and retro style with sense of science and technology seems very very romantic for me. People cannot ignore history, since it left a variety of marks to the life.

City Statement:

The main theme of my city is to combine traditional architecture with modern technology. For example, the light rail is crossing through old buildings. And religion add mystery into the city. For that part, I referred to Kyoto, Japan. I looked through many temples and shrines, and created one with torii, and traditional lantern. But not the whole city is divine, it also has abandoned factories, factory and hold-on houses. They contradict
each other, but also mutual dependent on each other. Life is not utopian fairy tale, so I want my work to reflect the contradictions and the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment