Sunday, April 9, 2017

Lecture comment, Architectural Blogs, Memories

Lecture comment:


I enjoyed the lecture and the conversations it sprung up in the classroom. Learning about George Bataille’s and his book Poetics of Space was interesting way to think of architecture and the various meanings it can have to different people. I had never heard of the technical term of phenomenology and once hearing about it it raised many questions as to how are consciousness really helps us perceive the structures around us. This new way of thinking got a lot of people thinking about there own memories and the way that they think of buildings. We also discussed the game art of Machinima. We looked at the game Doom though I have never heard of this game before I did find it interesting to watch because of how advanced it must have been for when it was released. Also how something so basic is still being used today to entertain people in the gaming world. 

Architectural blogs:

After looking through the blogs I found this building http://www.archdaily.com/867748/outre-house-anagram-architects Called the Outré House. I found this house interesting because of the way that it looks and how it made me look more than once to fully understand what I was looking at. I really like how it is made of made of wood and wood it the main feature. I also like how it incorporated plants along the side. This first photo I saw of the building it was taken at night when the lights were on. It made me think that the circular and openness of the house made it look like a lantern. The curvature of the building gives it a unique movement. I find that this building is unique because it could be placed in the middle of the jungle and blend in or in a downtown district and still fit in. I would have never guessed however that this building was built in India. 

Memories: 

Many different memories come to mind when I look at certain thing or buildings. I would have to say I have a lot of memories in my grandparents house. Both my grandparents died in 2013 however there are many things that remind me of being in their house with them. One of them is anytime I see chocolate frosting and popcorn because anytime I went over to my grandparents house my grandma would feed me chocolate frosting and popcorn for dinner. Not the best meal for a dinner but it sure made for some great memories. Another memory I have of their house is that anytime I see a house that has a missionary style architecture I think of their house because that is the same styles of house as theirs, and I can’t help but relate the too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment